Who even knew that London had a Great Wheel back then? This Wheel was built in 1894-5 as part of the Empire of India Exhibition. It was 308 feet high and continued giving people a bird’s-eye-view of that part of London until 1906. The image, a photogravure, is credited to L.S.& R. Co. (London Stereoscopic & Photographic Company), which was active from 1854-1922. It is part of an album of photo postcards and photogravures of London taken in the day.